Caring for your Jewellery
Thank you for purchasing on of our hand-made pieces of jewellery. Here are a few tips to keep your jewellery looking at its best and a little more information about the difference materials we use.
• The best way to clean jewellery is to use warm water and a cloth.
• We strongly advise that you avoid using any harsh chemicals such as household cleaners.
• Try to store your jewellery separately in airtight bags to avoid chains becoming tangled and tarnishing occuring.
• It's also best not to wear your jewellery when showering bathing or sleeping as this can affect plating and tangle chains.
• Refrain from spraying perfume onto your pieces. It's best to wait for perfume/creams/moisturisers to dry before putting jewellery on.
Materials & Finishes
We use a variety of different materials in our jewellery which you can find out more about below. When you purchase a piece of jewellery online or in store, we will provide you with a 'Care of' card which will list all of the materials used in your piece.
• Plexi Glas
is a type of high quality acrylic, and it comes in a variety of colours. The butterfly and moth design is etched into the back of the Plexi Glas, which shows through the front. We polish each piece to give it a beautiful high finish. We also heat treat some pieces to give them an irridescent shine. The best way to clean Plexi Glas is using warm water on a cloth with a little washing up liquid.
• Most of the components such as the spiders, ants, beetles, crosses, bones etc are cast in Sterling Silver
and are hand finished and polished. They can then either be left a shiny silver finish, Gold plated, Rhodium Plated or Oxidised depending on the design.
• Gold plated
items will naturally fade over time dependent on how often you wear your piece but should last a long time if you look after them properly. Try not to wear plated items when bathing or swimming, and avoid close contact with perfume or harsh chemicals. Please don’t try to attempt to polish gold plated items as this can cause the gold to fade.
• 14ct Gold-fill
has 1/20th by weight layer of 14ct gold permanently bonded over a core of base metal. It has more gold than gold plate. Under normal wear 14ct gold fill will not peel, flake, or wear off and can be treasured as heirloom pieces. It is tarnish-resistant like solid 14ct gold and is safe for most people with sensitive skin who can wear solid 14ct gold jewellery.
• We use a mixture of different types of chains
in our jewellery including Sterling Silver, Oxidised Silver (antique finish), Rhodium Plated Silver (blackened finish), Gold Plated Silver and Brass, 14ct Gold-Fill and an array of beautiful vintage chain which tend to be made from brass or bronze. Please see more information below for each type of chain.
• You will also find a variety of semi-precious gemstones
and antique beads
in our pieces. Please refer to each product description for exact types of gemstones and beads used.
• If you need any other information about any piece, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone.